Curious on how to make some simple exercises HARDER??
Here are our top tips! Chat with your trainer in your next session if any of these spark your interest!
1) MAKE IT EXPLOSIVE: Try plyo lunges or plyo push ups (even supersets weighted lunges with plyo lunges) to bring your workout to a new level!
2) SLOW DOWN YOUR REPS: Try going slower on the lowering portion of an exercise from anywhere 5-10 seconds. The eccentric component of the exercise is usually the most challenging and you will feel a whole new burn!
3) TRY NEW ANGLES: Try setting up on a new angle. For instance instead of lying bar triceps skull crushers, try setting yourself on an incline bench to work the muscle from a new angle
4) TIME YOURSELF: instead of counting reps, try setting a timer from 30s-60s and see how many you can get! race against time! ... See MoreSee Less
Are you making one of these workout mistakes that could be the key to you not seeing results?
1) Too long of workouts at a moderate to low intensity pace. Ramp up your intensity and cut your time in half. Take short breaks and put your phone away.
2) Your Taking Selfies Between Sets: Set the phone aside and come into the gym with intent and a plan. Try taking this time to focus on the hard work you're about to put in!
3) Too much Cardio/Not Enough Strength Training: If you haven't incorporated strength training yet, now is the time to do so if you want to see changes in your physique. Tighter frame, develop lean muscle mass and burn calories 24-48 hours post workout.
4) Not Changing it Up: Meet with one of our Trainers today to set you up on a customized plan for YOUR goals and YOUR body. Following those magazine workouts or ones you see online over and over again may be hindering your progress.
5) Working out Alone: Try finding a buddy , Working with a trainer or class that you enjoy. You will be surprised how much you will get pushed and out of your comfort zone when you have someone else there! ... See MoreSee Less